Sequim is well known as a retirement haven, and here’s the good news-it really is an incredible place to retire and to live. I raised my own family here, and I can tell you there’s no place I would rather live. Why? A lot of reasons, but here are a few that might be relevant to you if you are considering moving to Sequim.
- Sequim is a peaceful little community of 4,000 people in the city limits.
- Sequim is far away from busy freeways and traffic jams.
- Sequim is close to water with the Strait of Juan de Fuca and John Wayne Marina.
- Sequim is within a short drive of the Olympic National Forest, old growth trees, and hiking.
- Sequim is an incredible community of volunteers, more than I’ve ever seen anywhere.
- Sequim is full of some of the most interesting people you will ever meet, including world travelers, rocket scientists, authors, artists, retired CEO’s of huge corporations, inventors, and boring people like me.
- Sequim has an amazing variety of recreational activities, including biking, hiking, fishing, boating, running, kayaking, bird watching, golfing, and on and on.
- Sequim has more hobbyists than any town I’ve ever seen. Name a hobby. There’s a group here for it, and they meet regularly.
- Sequim is in a rain shadow, and the climate and weather are nearly perfect. I can say that having lived in Alaska and in Nevada.
- Sequim has no crime. Well, that’s an exaggeration. There was a bicycle stolen last year. (Okay, I’m kidding, but there really is hardly any crime here at all. Read the police blotter, and you’ll break out laughing.)
- Sequim is about a 2 hour drive (plus, depending on your driving) from Seattle if you like to venture back into the metropolis.
- There are so many water view lots and houses for sale here at reasonable prices, it’s almost ridiculous. (Our market hasn’t crashed like many places in the country, so don’t ask if you can buy a beautiful 3 bedroom home for $150,000.)
Come and see Sequim. You might just . . . love it!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Top 10 Reasons to Retire in Sequim WA
- Sequim Weather App
- Sequim Morning: Another Day in Paradise
- What’s The Sequim Average Temperature?
- Sequim Weather App