Chuck Marunde created a number of Sequim real estate checklists over the past two decades, and buyers from around the country have been using these to keep themselves out of trouble and to make wise decisions about buying Sequim real estate. So today we will share some of our most popular checklists. (You might want to bookmark this article for future reference.)
Sequim Real Estate Checklists
- Buyer’s Checklist No. 1: This 2 page checklist starts with the big picture and narrows down all the issues that a buyer ought to consider. This checklist was developed by listening to hundreds of buyer’s questions and concerns and helping them drill down to the key issues. [The link above takes you to the article and if you want, you can download the full checklist.]
- Buyer’s Closing Checklist: Once you have mutual acceptance, in other words, once you and the seller have agreed on the price and all terms and have both fully signed the Purchase and Sale Agreement and all the Addendums, we start the process of moving toward closing. This Sequim real estate checklist will guide you through the process.
- Vacant Land Checklist: If you are buying land in Sequim or Port Angeles, you might find this checklist helpful. Buying a city lot is quite different than buying rural land, and issues of potential concern are not the same in all counties in all states. Buying Sequim real estate is full of traps for the unwary, so this kind of checklist can save your bacon.
- Real Estate Agent Interview Checklist: These questions make excellent interview questions for your prospective real estate agent, whether he/she is representing you as a listing agent or a buyer’s agent. The answers your agent gives you to these questions will tell you so much about your agent, but don’t let him/her get away with a simple “yes” or “no” to these questions. They are all narrative answers, and an experienced agent has good answers for all of them. It is also amazing how much research you can do on an agent by searching the Internet, but too few buyers actually do their homework on agents.
Sequim Real Estate Checklists for Buyers
I hope you don’t feel overwhelmed by the details in these Sequim real estate checklists. Buyers email and call me regularly to tell me these checkists have been extremely helpful. In addition to these checklists, I offer a free bonus to all my clients. You don’t have to know everything about all the issues on these checklists, because I do, and you can trust me to protect you and guide you throughout the process. I would consider it a pleasure to work for you and with you as you look at Sequim real estate.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Home Buying Process in a Timeline
- Massive Upgrade to Sequim Real Estate Blog
- The Largest Real Estate Blog in Sequim
- Sequim Mobile App
- Negotiating in Sequim