Sellers with homes priced above $400,000 will only sell to 27% of the entire buyer population! That will have implications for how a home is priced and marketed from day one. This is another major reason that overpricing a home in the beginning kills almost all chances of connecting with a buyer right away. Many FSBO’s, and even many real estate agents, think that the best strategy to sell a home above $400,000 is to price the home high and leave room for negotiating downward, but this is actually a strategy that guarantees 73% of the buyers won’t even come to the table.
It’s something to think about in this market.
[Data Source: Real Market Data, LLC]
Possibly Related Posts:
- Are Buyers Competing to Bid Prices Up?
- Sequim Real Estate Market
- When Home Sellers Chase the Price Down
- Sellability and Appreciation
- Sequim Home Prices Compared to Other Areas