If you are buying your retirement home in Sequim or Port Angeles (or anywhere in the U.S. for that matter), and if you are going to apply for a loan, you will be required by the lender to make the loan application in your personal name, not the name of a trust. The real estate offer and the loan application must have the exact same buyer. There are some exceptions, most notably if you are paying all cash, you can title the real estate any way you want.
Regardless of how you buy your home, a living revocable trust is a great estate planning tool that will save stress, legal fees and costs, and delays.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Traps for the Unwary Buyer
- Lawsuits Against Auction.com
- Will the Seller Accept a Contingent Offer?
- Washington Real Estate Forms Updated
- Port Angeles Real Estate Law and Sequim Real Estate Law