Whether you are buying a home or selling a home, do you know how you are going to pick your real estate agent? Is it important who you hire? Does it matter? Are all Realtors the same? Here’s how most home sellers across the U.S. do it:
- 62% of home sellers only interviewed one agent before listing their home.
- 19% of home sellers talked to three agents before they selected one
- 22% were more interested in determining the list price that would make their home competitive than any other service a listing agent would provide.
- 1% thought professional designations were important when picking their agent. The other 99% didn’t see the value to be of consequence.
- 3% found picked their agent by walking in or calling a real estate office and speaking to the agent who had floor duty at the time they called.
These statistics are from a Texas survey and were published in the April 2010 issue of “Texas Realtor,” but I have seen similar stats for years from many states, including Washington.
Written from the school of hard knocks, How to Find Your Next Realtor will help, and you can read more excellent articles about agent qualifications and making wise choices in finding a great Realtor by going to the category to the right: Buyer’s Agent
Last Updated on September 2, 2019 by Chuck Marunde
62% of home sellers only interviewed one agent before listing their home. The more Agent you interview the more choices you will have in selling you home.