Sequim real estate brokers come in all shapes and sizes, and a buyer can find a buyer’s agent and a seller can find a listing agent among the Sequim real estate brokers to suit one’s fancy. But is finding an agent as simple as just calling off a sign or picking up the phone and calling any “Tom, Dick, or Jane?” Does it really matter who you hire among the Sequim real estate brokers?
Sequim Real Estate Brokers
Sequim Real Estate Brokers
It does make a difference who you hire. What if you hired an agent to represent you as your Sequim Buyer’s Agent, and he or she didn’t know how to negotiate against a more experienced agent, and you found out after closing that you paid $100,000 too much for your home? What if your agent didn’t draft clear language in an addendum, and you lost your opportunity to buy your dream home? What if you are a seller, and your listing agent doesn’t have a large Internet marketing system to reach 95% of the buyers who start their home search on the Internet? You’re home might not sell for 2 or 3 years, and then at a much lower price.
Granted, I’m really into the real estate business 24/7, and I live and breath marketing real estate, connecting with buyers, and analyzing what works and what no longer works as well. So I get all these issues, but buyers and sellers are not necessarily living and breathing the business like me. So what can a buyer or seller do to know what to look for in their buyer’s agent or listing agent?
It’s not nearly as difficult as one might think. The time it takes and the effort is not easy, but the process isn’t difficult once you know it. Here are my tips to finding the right agent and knowing whether you have found the right agent to truly help you achieve your goal and do it professionally and in your best interests. You want an agent who is experienced, knowledgeable, professional, and who is honest and has integrity. You also want someone who is absolutely loyal to you and to you alone without any conflict of interest.
Sequim Real Estate Brokers – How to Find a Good One
Today buyers are primarily using the Internet to search for and find their Sequim homes, and this is how you should search for your agent among Sequim real estate brokers. If buyers are searching the Internet, this is where sellers’ homes need to show up, and not just in the MLS. Listing a home in the MLS is important, but don’t believe for a second that if a home is in the MLS it is all over the Internet. That’s far from true. There is much more to marketing on the Internet to connect with buyers.
Sequim & Port Angeles Real Estate is a premier brokerage among Sequim real estate brokers because of the extensive information we have put on the Internet for buyers. The questions I recommend you research in Google with various search phrases would include these:
- Among Sequim real estate brokers, which ones have a large Internet presence?
- Which agents have reached out to buyers on the Internet?
- What tools have they made available at no cost to buyers?
- Do they have high search engine ranking, and how many sites do they have on the Internet?
- Do their sites include honest and useful content for buyers?
- Do they use powerful permission advertising techniques?
- Do they understand and use SEO (search engine optimization) effectively?
- If I search hundreds of Sequim real estate terms and phrases, do they have sites that keep coming up on the first page of the search results?
- Do they use organic SEO techniques rather than paid advertising on the Internet?
- Are their sites easy to navigate intuitively?
- How many times do their sites come up if I search their names in Google?
- What are their credentials and experience? Do they come off as professional and trustworthy on their sites?
If you don’t know how to search Google for the answers to these questions, you can email me or call me for help. You can view my resume on this blog with a tab at the top or you can view Chuck Marunde’s Linkedin Profile. (Linkedin requires that you register with them free to view full profiles.)
Who you hire to represent you to buy your home or sell your home is a major decision. This is your money, and it is a lot of money. Spend some time doing your research. After two or three hours of online research, you will know which agents are qualified, and which ones are not. This is how I would search for an agent among the Sequim real estate brokers.
Last Updated on September 2, 2019 by Chuck Marunde