Sequim is the best place to live if you ask thousands of retirees who did their research before moving here and who now have lived here for many years. In an effort to understand why so many retirees feel so strongly about that, I’ve compiled the reasons I’ve been hearing for 18 years. To make the list manageable and readable, it is in four parts, each with 25 reasons why Sequim is the Best Place to Live. Here is the first installment. The linked text will take you to articles and photos of the subject.
- Sequim has an unique climate with a rain shadow or blue hole.
- Sequim is only 2.5 hours from Seattle.
- Sequim gets 1/3rd the rainfall of Seattle.
- Sequim air is ocean fresh and unpolluted.
- Sequim has the Olympic National Park.
- Sequim is ideally located between the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic Mountains.
- Sequim is still an agricultural rural area.
- Life is far from fast paced and stressful. It is peaceful and enjoyable.
- Sequim has the Discovery Trail.
- Sequim has incredible bays and rivers for kayaking.
- Sequim has hiking trails into old growth forests.
- Sequim has an annual marathon and half marathon.
- Sequim is the Lavender capital of the U.S.
- Sequim has an annual Irrigation Festival over 100 years old.
- Sequim does not have hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, forest fires, or droughts.
- Sequim has a lot of property with water views (being on a peninsula).
- Sequim rivers are great fishing.
- Sequim has miles of beaches for hiking.
- Sequim is populated by extraordinarily gifted and interesting retirees.
- Sequim has the Dungeness Lighthouse.
- Sequim is a short ferry ride from beautiful Victoria, B.C.
- Sequim is a pleasant drive from pristine beaches like La Push.
- Sequim has winding rural mountain roads ideal for motorcycling.
- Sequim has extremely low crime rates, some of the lowest in the entire country.
- Sequim has children who are all above average.
Those of us who have lived in Sequim for many years have come to believe that Sequim is the best place to live. Read the next installment of 100 Reasons Sequim is the Best Place to Live.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Sequim Surveys
- Why is Sequim One Of The 10 Best Places To Retire?
- Sequim Washington Video
- 6 Most Popular Sequim Real Estate Articles of 2018
- Why Are People Leaving California?